The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) School of Electrical Engineering provides students with practical, in-depth knowledge and skills using a variety of electrical engineering technologies. In order to provide excellence in teaching, lecturers focus on real, current systems used internationally.
The practical focused training programs and courses provide students with up to date technical skills that are required by todays employers, giving EIT graduates the competitive edge.
The following Professional Certificates of Competency are short courses delivered over a 3 month period using live online sessions. Interactive sessions guide students through course materials and assignments up until course completion.
Certificate Courses include:
- Arc Flash Protection
- AS3000:2007 Electrical Wiring Rules
- Circuit Breakers, Switchgear and Power Transformers – Safe Operation and Maintenance
- Electrical Power System Protection
- Fundamental E & I Engineering for Oil and Gas Facilities
- Operation and Maintenance of Diesel Power Generating Plants
- Power Distribution
- Practical Engineering for Energy Efficiency
- Substation Design (Control, Protection and Facility Planning)
- Substation Design (Main Equipment)